I really enjoyed all of the exercises that we were taught in this class. I have always wanted to try meditating and different kinds of exercises (such as these) but never got around to it. I learned so much from all of the exercises and believe I will continue to incorporate all of them into my life.
However, if I had to pick two exercises that were most beneficial then I would have to choose the art of meditation and the subtle mind exercises. I believe the whole concept of meditation will foster mental fitness because meditation helps me focus on deep breathing, finding peace, tranquility and calmness in my hectic, busy life. I conclude that the subtle mind exercise will help foster mental fitness because it aids my mind in finding the calmness it needs and it helps to see the mental chatter yet let it be and watch it go. It allows my mind to be aware of the chatter, yet not get caught up in it.
As I have said before, my life is busy, and I sometimes get stressed out easily. With these practices I believe I can find the calmness that my mind, body and spirit needs in order to improve my overall health and goals of complete and whole body wellness. This is something I have needed for a while.
So, I will continue to use all of the practices we have learned in order to keep on my path of complete human flourishing.
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteI found that using the meditations practices to help myself is very beneficial for myself too. They help me a lot in finding myself after a stressful day and keeping my mind focused on whats important. All of the exercises were very interesting and had their own benefits and I liked doing them all. I am looking to more calm and peaceful days to come for myself too. :)
:) Fleurette,
ReplyDeleteThank you for reading and commenting on my blog post. I am glad that these exercises helped you as well. I will be doing a little more research on meditation to find more peace in my life :) I'm definitely glad I took this course.
Jess
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteSince I have been mediating and going threw each of the exercises we have done, I have found my stress levels are not as high, I have lost weight and I have a more positive mind frame. I think not only eating and exercising is good for our overall health, but meditating is also needed. I am hoping to try yoga some day, so hopefully my health will get better so I am able to try this technique as well
Jessica, I am so glad that you enjoyed each of the meditation practices we have done in this class. I did not find most of them to be very helpful, but I am still trying. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete