I wasn't really able to fully concentrate on this exercise this week due to moving, starting a new job, unpacking, etc. However, I did try it and was unsuccessful at accomplishing what I was hoping to achieve with this exercises. My mind was just all over and it kept wandering from one place to the next. Even still, I was able to feel a little calmer after the exercise.
To me, the saying “One cannot lead another where on has not gone himself” means that a person cannot fully explain and offer advice to someone without having experienced the situation themselves. (Like practice what you preach, again). I believe as a practitioner clients need to feel and see this in you in order to trust your advice and what you are telling them to do. I believe we do have an obligation to our clients in developing our own psychological, physical and spiritual health because this will give the clients confidence in your guidance and trust that you are leading them in the right direction. By implementing the meditation practices, yoga, Tai Chi, positive thinking, I can grow my personal psychological and spiritual health. =)
Jessica,
ReplyDeleteIt's funny that I used the exact same saying to describe that statement. I really feel like positive thinking is something I would really like to hone in on by incorporating more affirmations into my daily routine (morning and night). I really believe in the power of words and how what we see is a result of the words that we have been speaking into the atmosphere. I hope you can get into a normal routine again soon. :-)
That is so true, when it comes to being professional you want to be just that. Being educated and educating your clients about the topic or anything you are saying. They take everything to heart and believe you so don't make up ideas. Positive thinking is another great idea. Being positive has no other effect than to help be positive. I love helping others and being positive helps everyone, it gives a good vibe.
ReplyDeleteI really liked you breakdown of the saying One cannot lead another where on has not gone himself. When ever I hear sayings along these lines always reminds of when I worked with nutritionist and he wanted to try out new things he had learned and knew I was almost always up for trying new things. But he still would never let me try something unless he himself tried it first.
ReplyDeleteHi Jessica,
ReplyDeleteI truly understand not being able to concentrate when your worlds issues are crowding in, even though because of the progress you made thus far probably helped you stay calm during that time. That is encouraging to me and reveals the awesome power of meditation! Continued success!