Monday, September 30, 2013

Unit 10!!!

I can't believe we are already in unit 10!! We made it! :) 
I now score my wellness spiritually at an 9, psychologically at an 8 and physically at a 8. I have I am doing better physically (finally). This last term was stressful so that is why I got out of eating healthy and working out. 
I believe overall I have made progress towards my goals. I do believe I have accomplished a lot of my goals. I have been meditating (which I always wanted to do) trying deep breathing exercises (especially at work with all of the kids I have to deal with) focusing on positive thinking and drinking more water. :) I have also been walking on the beach more (which is something else I wanted to start doing). 
My personal experience in this class has been a great one. I took this class hoping to gain something from it and I definitely gained more than just something. I always wanted to know more about meditation and what it all really meant. I feel this class has answered those questions above and beyond. I am excited to move forward with my new found knowledge and start really focusing on which path I want to take in order to achieve my goals of human flourishing.

 I believe the most difficult thing for me was the mind chatter. My mind seems to never shut off and I am still continuing to work on this, but it is a work in progress (in a positive direction). As I said before, I am always thinking and it's hard for me to clear my mind. My experience will help me to assist others I believe in many ways. I can explain to them my experiences and difficulties.


I wish everyone the best of luck in their new adventures in finding complete human flourishing!! We all can do it with positive thinking. :) 

3 comments:

  1. I find my mind too never shuts down. It takes my usually 2 hours to calm and clear. Meditation has helped me. Good luck with your future classes and goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess,
    I have "followed" you for the past 9 weeks and I am so happy to hear of the growth you have accomplished!! I too am grateful for this class because I knew of meditation but after this class feel like I have the potential to master in and know that I can with the knowledge gained. I wish you the best and hope you continue on such an awesome path to integral health!

    Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mind used to chatter all the time. I could not go to sleep at night because my mind would just keep going and going. Since I have been meditating more my mind does not race as much as it used to and I can finally sleep better at night. I wish you the best in your journey of integral health.

    ReplyDelete