Friday, August 16, 2013

UNIT 3 BLOG POST! :) 

Based on your reflections, and on a scale of 1 to 10 (ten being optimal well-being) where do you rate your A-physical well-being, B-spiritual well-being, C-psychological well-being? why?

I would rate me physical well-being at an 8. The reason being is because I am not the best with exercising at the moment. I would exercising every day and now it's down to 2-3 times a week.. I also don't eat the greatest. I guess I take my fast metabolism for granted. 

I would rate my spiritual well-being at 9. Spiritual Well-being reminds us to step back from all     the details and think about the whole picture. It is about finding meaning and purpose in our life and our place in the greater universe. It is about exploring our unique spirituality and how it can help us choose our actions. I believe my spirituall well-being is at a 9 because I make time for relaxation every day, I watch the kinds of decisions and actions I make, and I'm accepting of others views and beliefs. What I do need to work on is being less stressed. 

I believe my psychological well-being is quite high. I don't know if it's at a ten, but I'd like to think a 9-9.5.Psychological well-being refers to how people evaluate their lives.  I am always thinking positive, I see the good in everything, I trust people (more than I probably should), I forgive and forget easily, and I'm very easy to get a long with. Well-being= a healthy mind, body, healthy image. :) 


Develop a goal for yourself in each area (physical, spiritual, psychological)

My physical goal is to get back into working out for 30 minutes every day. I felt great when I did and I don't know why or how I even stopped. I would also love to get into running-at least a mile a day to start off with. 

My spiritual goal is to have more "me" time. I want to meditate and do some yoga. I love listening to Enigma and I could definitely help myself relax more and take some of the stress out of my life that really doesn't need to be there. I'd like to have me time at least 30 minutes to an hour a day. 

My psychological goal is to make sure that maintain my positive outlook on life. 


What activities or exercise can you implement in your life to assist in moving toward each goal?

There is a goal setting tool I was told about a few years ago that I may start using. I know's it's online so I will have to find it. OR I could just use the same thing I have been using for years. I have my own goal calendar that is specifically used for goals.


Complete the relaxation exercise The Crime of the Century. To hear this exercise, click here. Describe your experience. (Was it beneficial? Frustrating? Etc.)

I really enjoyed this exercise. After completing the exercise, I feel very positive, calm, and happy. I feel focused and connected for the rest of my day. I love exercises like these, however I will admit that it takes me a while to get into them and that is what frustrates me. I may start to listen to this once a day to bring my body to a relaxing state.




6 comments:

  1. This was my unit 3 blog post. :) still learning how to do this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    Incorporating exercise is all about lifestyle changes. Eventually you reach a point where you need to exercise in order to feel complete. Many of my clients do not like to "exercise", but its also about making it fun. Have you tired classes such as bootcamp, Zumba, or kickboxing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daniel,

      I was actually doing hit workouts for 5 months and dieting really hard. When I noticed my husband toning up and his abs coming through, I was discouraged because I wasn't seeing the same results for myself. I was losing weight (not that I have much to lose) but I wanted fast results too. I use to be in bootcamp (8 years ago) and I did try Zumba (which I didn't like at all. My mother and I are actually starting a kick boxing class in two weeks. :) I really want to get back into exercising. That is when I felt my best.

      Delete
  3. Yoga and meditation has helped me relaxed. I had to try it out with another class I have taken. It makes me realize that it calms and relaxes me in multiple ways. Exercise in general helps me let stress out. It is good that you can forgive and forget but I have trouble with it and it stays on mind for awhile and cleans my mind. I try to get involved with different classes at the gym I go and change my routine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have started to use meditation and it has calmed down my stress level some. I have a little more active and I just wish I could find exercises that I can do that will help with my health issues. I really enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Several years ago I used yoga as my method of stress relief but life got busy and I let it get away from me. I recently decided that I needed to do something to relieve stress or I was going to end up giving myslef an ulcer or my debilitating migraines were going to return. My stress relief right now is my daily 4am session with Insanity or Les Mills Combat. It seems to be working :)

    ReplyDelete