Thursday, August 22, 2013

UNIT 5 BLOG

Compare and contrast the loving kindness exercise and the subtle mind exercise. Explain your experience including the benefits, frustrations etc.
           
Both of these exercises were very calming. I really enjoyed the controlled breathing and the relaxation feeling from them. The loving kindness exercise was a bit emotional for me (as i stated in my unit 4 blog). I felt all of the love and kindness but when I thought of someone in pain, I became very emotional and sad. I did really like the subtle mind exercises. I had a calming feeling wash over me. I was able to freely let thoughts just flow in and out (rather than focusing on just one thought). I did not feel the need to control them.

Discuss the connection of the spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness. Explain how the connection is manifested in your personal life.

I have read that our mind, body, and spirit are all connected and that we must balance them in order to achieve wellness. This is referred to as the transformative process. I have been attempting meditation and I am going to start yoga very soon.



1 comment:

  1. Jessica, I am with you I found this exercise very calming and really found it interesting as you focus on your breathing how easily thoughts came into our minds but were just as easily gone.

    ReplyDelete